We work together to continually develop and implement sustainable solutions. Through Green Thread, our environmental sustainability platform, we bring innovative and efficient solutions to life. We are passionately focused on reducing the environmental impact within our operations.
Click here to read more about how we're contributing on campus.
Here are just a few ways we work to make our campus more environmentally conscious:
Did you know Dining Services sources food from many local farmers, growers and distributors? The list changes throughout the year depending on seasonality and availability. However, here is a sampling of a few of our partners:
- Barry’s Berries & Jan’s Jams: Charles City County, Virginia
- Crown Orchard: Batesville, Virginia
- Dodd’s Acres: Mechanicsville, Virginia
- Kirby Farms: Mechanicsville, Virginia
- Mountain View Orchards: Stafford County, Virginia
- Sunnyside Farm: Cumberland, Virginia
- The Peanut Shop of Williamsburg: Williamsburg, Virginia
- Twin Oaks Community: Louisa County, Virginia